Pennsylvania Lottery's Double Dip Terminal-Based Lottery Game
Second-Chance Drawing Rules
June 28, 2022
Second-Chance Drawing: The Pennsylvania Lottery's
(hereafter, the "Lottery") Double Dip Second-Chance Drawing
for qualifying terminal-based Lottery game tickets
(hereafter, the "Drawing").
- Qualifying tickets: PICK 2; PICK 3; PICK 4; PICK 5; Treasure Hunt; Cash 5 with Quick Cash; Match 6 Lotto; Cash4Life®; Powerball; Mega Millions® and Keno terminal-based Lottery tickets purchased from a licensed Lottery retailer from July 12, 2022 through August 25, 2022 and imprinted with a Second Chance Prize Zone™ Official Entry Code ("Qualifying Tickets") are eligible for entry in the Drawing. Terminal-based Lottery game tickets purchased via https://www.PAiLottery.com are not eligible for entry in the Drawing.
Participation and entry:
- Entrants must be members of the Pennsylvania Lottery VIP Players Club to participate in the Drawing. To join the VIP Players Club, visit https://www.palottery.state.pa.us/vipplayersclub/login.aspx. Becoming a VIP Players Club member is free.
- To enter the Drawing, entrants must submit the identifying information from at least one Qualifying Ticket via the Drawing's promotional web site, available at https://www.palottery.com or the Lottery's official mobile application during the entry period. Entries will automatically be awarded at the time of successful submission of a Qualifying Ticket. The identifying information from a Qualifying Ticket may be submitted only once in the Drawing. No other method of submission will be accepted, and entries submitted using any other method, including entries mailed or hand-delivered to the Lottery, are not valid and will be disqualified.
- Each entry must be complete and the information supplied by the entrant must be accurate. Incomplete entries cannot be accepted.
- Only one claimant per entry allowed.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Players may submit the identifying information from an unlimited number of Qualifying Tickets in the Drawing.
- Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be withdrawn or changed.
- The Lottery will conduct one Double Dip Second-Chance Drawing for qualifying terminal-based Lottery game tickets. All time references are Eastern Prevailing Time.
- All entries received after 4:59:59 a.m. July 12, 2022 through 11:59:59 p.m. August 25, 2022, will be entered into the Drawing tentatively scheduled to be held between August 26, 2022 and September 9, 2022.
- The entry period for the Drawing will be posted to the Lottery's publicly accessible web site at https://www.palottery.com.
- When a Qualifying Ticket is entered into the Drawing, the entry has a chance to be multiplied by 2 (hereafter the "Entry Multiplier Prize"). Each Qualifying Ticket will have a predetermined ticket file assigned at the time the ticket is printed that will determine whether an entry will be multiplied. If an entry is multiplied, the entrant will be notified during the entry process.
- An entrant will receive one entry for each $0.50 in purchase price of the Qualifying Ticket submitted. For example, an entrant who submits the Official Entry Code from a Qualifying Ticket with a purchase price of $0.50 will receive one entry into the Drawing. Similarly, an entrant who submits the Official Entry Code from a Qualifying Ticket with a purchase price of $2.00 will receive four entries into the Drawing.
- Players may review prizes won and their entries for the Drawing via the Drawing's promotional web site.
Prizes available to be won, determination of winners, and
odds of winning:
- The prize entitlements described below are subject to all restrictions and limitations described in section 4, or mentioned anywhere else in these rules.
The following table sets forth the approximate odds of
winning an Entry Multiplier Prize:
Approximate Odds of Winning a 2X Multiplier Are 1 In: 4
The Lottery will conduct one Drawing from among all the
entries received during the entry period as described in
- The first and the second entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $100,000, less required income tax withholding.
- The third and the fourth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $20,000, less required income tax withholding.
- The fifth and the sixth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $15,000, less required income tax withholding.
- The seventh and the eighth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $10,000, less required income tax withholding.
- The ninth and the tenth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $5,000.
- The eleventh through the sixtieth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $100 iLottery Bonus Money.
- All prizes will be paid as lump-sum cash payments or uploaded to a winning player's lottery account.
- Winners of iLottery Bonus Money are not required to claim a prize. Winners of iLottery Bonus Money will have the iLottery Bonus Money credited to their lottery account and will receive an email notifying them that they won a prize.
- The number of winning entries to be selected for the Drawing will be posted to the Lottery's publicly accessible web site.
- The odds of winning in the Drawing depend upon the number of entries received for the Drawing.
- A computer-generated randomizer will be used to select the Drawing winners.
- To be eligible to participate in the Drawing, entrants must have complied with the requirements of these rules.
- The Lottery is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries not entered into the Drawing. The Lottery is not responsible for entries that are not entered into the Drawing because of incompatible internet browsers, mobile Lottery application failure or other technical issues. If an entry is selected as a winner and rejected or otherwise disqualified during or following the Drawing, the Lottery will select another entry to replace the rejected or otherwise disqualified entry in accordance with these rules and Lottery procedure.
- If any discrepancy exists between these rules and any material describing the Drawing, these rules shall govern.
- Employees of the Lottery, 9Rooftops Marketing, LLC (formerly known as MARC USA, LLC), MUSL, Scientific Games International Inc., MDI Entertainment, LLC, and their subcontractors, or a spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of residence of any such person are not eligible to participate in the Drawing. Offer void where prohibited or restricted.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Drawing and change these rules if the Drawing cannot be conducted as planned due to errors in these rules or advertising, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud, technical errors, viruses, worms, bugs, or any other cause beyond the control of the Lottery that, in the Lottery's sole judgment, could corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawing.
- All entries shall be subject to verification by the Lottery.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an entrant found to be tampering with the operation of the Drawing or to be acting in violation of these rules or applicable law.
- The Drawing is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Applicable laws and regulations apply.
- Prizes must be claimed within 1 year of the drawing date of the Drawing in which the prize was won. If no claim is made within 1 year of the drawing date of the drawing in which the prize was won, the right of an entrant to claim the prize won, if any, will expire and the prize money will be paid into the State Lottery Fund and used for purposes provided by statute.
- Final determination of winners will be made by the Secretary, whose judgment will be final and binding.
- A prize awarded in the Drawing to a person who dies before receiving the prize shall be paid according to 61 Pa. Code § 811.16 (relating to prizes payable after death of a prize winner).
- A winner is responsible for all taxes arising from or in connection with any prize won.
- A player may only win the prize for which the player is first selected in the Drawing. Subsequent entries, from the same individual, selected in the Drawing will be disqualified and a replacement entry will be selected.
- Winners of iLottery Bonus Money must abide by the iLottery Terms & Conditions, the iLottery Bonus Policy and these rules. iLottery Bonus Money will expire 90 days from the date on which the winner was notified, via email, of the prize win, as further detailed in section 3(e). iLottery Bonus Money has a five times play through requirement in order to convert the iLottery Bonus Money into cash. For example, for a player winning $100 of iLottery Bonus Money, the player is required to place $500 in wagers before the iLottery Bonus Money awarded is converted into cash which may be withdrawn from the player's account.
- Prizes are not transferrable.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Types of Information Collected and Uses of Collected Information
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies a specific user of the Website. When you register ticket entries for the Promotion via the Website, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, and your social security number. It is optional for you to provide your personally identifiable information. However, if you elect not to provide the requested personally identifiable information, you will not be able to register for the Promotion and other services offered through the Website.
If you wish to update your personally identifiable information or change your preferences relative to receiving communications from us or the Lottery, you may do so by logging into the Website and updating your profile information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-personally identifiable information is information that does not identify a specific user of the Website. This type of information may include things like the date and time of your visit, page views, the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the website you visited before coming to the Website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving the Website, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We and/or our authorized third party service providers may automatically collect this information when you visit the Website through the use of electronic tools like cookies and web beacons.
We may use non-personally identifiable information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with the Lottery and our authorized third party service providers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and programming.
Irrespective of anything set forth herein, visitors should be aware that, subject to certain statutory exceptions, documents and records maintained by the Lottery, including but not limited to electronic data, are public record under Pennsylvania law. Therefore, information submitted may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request. Records required to be maintained pursuant to the laws of Pennsylvania will be retained and disposed of in accordance with applicable record retention schedules.
Release of Personally Identifiable Information
By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each participant agrees to allow Lottery and its designees the perpetual worldwide right to use and/or publish participant's name, biographical information (exclusive of street address and telephone number/s), photos and/or other likeness, entry comments, and statements, in whole or in part, for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, without additional compensation or notice to participant, or review or approval by winner, except where prohibited by law.
Privacy Policies of Third Party Websites
The Website is not directed to persons under eighteen (18) years of age, and individuals under such age must not use the Website or services offered on it to submit any personally identifiable information about themselves or to participate in these services in any way. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18.
Questions or comments regarding the Website should be sent by email using the Feedback form at this website, if applicable, or by U.S. mail to: Digital Content Studio Manager, MDI Entertainment,1500 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004.
Promotion void where prohibited by law.
The Promotion is open only to individuals, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors or agents of the Lottery, persons or employees of business entities issued occupational, vendor, or affiliate licenses by the Pennsylvania Lottery in connection with the Lottery’s operations, persons or employees of business entities prohibited from playing the Lottery’s games by virtue of any agreement with the Lottery, immediate family members related by blood, adoption, marriage, domestic partnership, or civil union to such a person residing in such person’s household, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion are not eligible to participate.
Age & Identity Verification
By submitting the information necessary to register for an account or to update an existing account, you consent to the use of any age-verification and identity-verification technology or method MDI Entertainment and the Lottery deem appropriate. MDI Entertainment and the Lottery reserve the right to use any age-verification and identity-verification technology or method they deems appropriate at any time after you have registered or updated your account in order to determine that all requirements for the use of your account continue to be met. In order to successfully register for or update your account and use your account, you may be required to provide additional evidence of your age and identification, provide copies of documents, or appear in person at a designated claim center. MDI Entertainment and the Lottery do not guarantee that its age-verification and identity-verification technology and methods will be able to locate records for and verify every person. You will not be able to use your account if your age and identity cannot be verified.
The materials found on the Website are protected by United States and other copyright laws, except for works of the United States Government pursuant to 1 U.S.C. Section 105. The selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of the Website are copyright ©2017 MDI Entertainment. Permission is granted to view and print materials from the Website for the non-commercial purpose of viewing, reading and retaining for reference. Any other copying, distribution, retransmission or modification of information or materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without the express prior written permission of MDI Entertainment is strictly prohibited.
Trademarks and/or service marks (including logos and designs) found on the Website are trademarks/service marks that identify MDI Entertainment, the Lottery for whose benefit and the benefit of its customers the Website is produced, the intellectual property of one or more companies with whom MDI Entertainment has licensing agreements in place, and the goods and/or services provided by MDI Entertainment (collectively, the "Marks"). Such Marks may not be used under any circumstances without the prior written authorization of MDI Entertainment or the other appropriate owners of the intellectual property.
License and Site Access
MDI Entertainment grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to access and make personal use of this Website and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with the prior written consent of MDI Entertainment. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Website or its content; any derivative use of this Website or its content; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of a third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This Website or any portion of this Website shall not be reproduced, duplicated, mirrored, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of MDI Entertainment. You shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Marks or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of this Website or mirror this Website without the prior written consent of MDI Entertainment. You shall not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing MDI Entertainment's name or any Marks without the prior written consent of MDI Entertainment or the respective authorized parties. Any unauthorized use shall terminate the permission or license granted by MDI Entertainment herein. You shall not use any MDI Entertainment name, logo, Marks or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of a link without the prior written consent of MDI Entertainment.
Links to Third-Party Websites
MDI Entertainment may provide hyperlinks to third-party websites as a convenience to users of the Website. MDI Entertainment does not control third-party websites and is not responsible for the contents of any linked-to, third-party websites or any hyperlink in a linked-to website. MDI Entertainment does not endorse, recommend or approve any third-party website hyperlinked from the Website. MDI Entertainment will have no liability to any entity for the content or use of the content available through such hyperlink.
MDI ENTERTAINMENT AND THE LOTTERY MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE, ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER SITES LISTED THEREIN. MDI ENTERTAINMENT AND THE LOTTERY DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR VIRUS-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN IT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
The Lottery will not be responsible or liable for any errors, mistakes, inaccuracies of, or failure to correct inaccuracies of, content or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including without limitation, electronic malfunction of any network, hardware or software. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. The Lottery reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Promotion should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. In the event of cancellation of the Promotion, the prizes will not be awarded, and the Lottery will have no further obligation. Such cancellations may be done at the Lottery’s discretion and without notice to entrants.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL MDI ENTERTAINMENT, THE LOTTERY, THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR NATURE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF (1) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE, OR (2) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Governing Law and Waiver of Jury Trial
Questions or comments regarding the Website should be sent by email using the Feedback form at this website, if applicable, or by U.S. mail to: Digital Content Studio Manager, Scientific Games Lottery, 1500 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004.
Promotion void where prohibited by law.