IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, PLEASE EXIT IMMEDIATELY AND DISCONTINUE ALL USE.
- Information Automatically Collected
- Information Voluntarily Provided
- Use of Information
- Geolocation Services
- Public Disclosure
- External Linking Policy and Disclaimer
- Information Disclaimer
- Social Media Policy and Disclaimer
- Intellectual Property
- Sharing of Information
- Access to Information and Choice
- Contact Us
Information Automatically Collected
As part of standard internet practice, some of your information is automatically collected when you visit PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms. The information automatically collected may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your domain name; for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you are connecting from a university domain;
- Your IP address, a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet;
- The geographical location of your IP address;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms;
- Your mobile device identifier and hardware;
- Your network carrier;
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms;
- The pages you visit within PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms; and
- The links made to other websites through PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms.
This information is collected for statistical analysis using standard party software programs (for example, Google Analytics may be used by third parties on behalf of the Commonwealth) to create summary statistics. The statistics are used for determining what information is of interest to visitors and identifying system performance or problem areas. Where Google Analytics is used, the data is used for other limited purposes by Google. For more detail on how data is used by Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Information Voluntarily Provided
The Pennsylvania Lottery and/or its contractors or suppliers may also collect certain information that you voluntarily provide when you:
- Register for or maintain an account on PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms;
- Sign up for newsletters, notifications, or promotional material through PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms;
- Purchase lottery products through PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms;
- Contact the Pennsylvania Lottery or its contractors or suppliers for any reason;
- Participate in Pennsylvania Lottery-sponsored programs, events, or services including, but not limited to, subscription services, surveys or promotions;
- Connect with PAiLottery.com or the Lottery’s mobile platforms through social media; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to the Pennsylvania Lottery, its contractors or suppliers.
The information collected as a result of your voluntary provision of the same may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, social security number, routing number, transaction history, username, password, IP address, and geographical location.
Depending on the website you are using, the information collected, whether or not personally identifiable, may include audio, video and other graphic forms that you send. The Pennsylvania Lottery does not sell information collected online. Any information, including personally identifiable information (PII) that you provide will be collected and retained in accordance with existing laws and Commonwealth policies. Commonwealth contractors and suppliers are required to maintain your information as confidential pursuant to the terms of their respective contracts with the Commonwealth.
Use of Information
Information collected by the Pennsylvania Lottery or its contractors or suppliers when you use or access the PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms may be, but is not limited to the following uses: processing purchases made through PaiLottery.com and/or Lottery’s mobile platforms; responding to customer questions and comments; managing player accounts; sending promotional material; enforcing Commonwealth law, regulations and the PAiLottery.com and Lottery mobile platforms; terms and conditions; verifying your eligibility for a transaction or service; to satisfy operational needs; and statistical analysis.
You must be physically located within the geographic boundaries of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in order to purchase iLottery products. The Pennsylvania Lottery and/or its contractors or suppliers collect information about your location through you IP address and geolocation technology. Playing iLottery may require you to download the geolocation service used by the Pennsylvania Lottery and/or its contractors or suppliers.
As a general rule, the Commonwealth does not disclose any personally indefinable information collected online except where you have given us permission, or where the information is public information under the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law, 65 P.S. § 67.101, et seq., or other applicable laws. Visitors should be aware that information collected by the Commonwealth on its websites which is not otherwise protected by law or policy may be subject to disclosure, including public disclosure if such information is a public record.
You may customize your browsing experience by utilizing your browser’s cookies to store a randomly generated identifying tag on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer when you visit a website.
Session cookies allow you to move through many pages of a website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. Session cookies are destroyed after successful completion of a transaction, after a few minutes of inactivity, or when the browser is closed.
Persistent cookies help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future. They continue to exist after a few minutes of inactivity, after the browser is closed, or after a user completes a single session.
External Linking Policy and Disclaimer
The information posted in PAiLottery.com or the Lottery’s mobile platforms may include hypertext links to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations (external websites). These links are provided for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving PAiLottery.com and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on an outside website.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery does not endorse the organizations sponsoring outside websites and does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in outside websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the outside website.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery is not responsible for transmissions users receive from outside websites.
- The Pennsylvania Lottery cannot guarantee that outside websites comply with accessibility requirements.
While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current and reliable information, we recognize the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Therefore, the Pennsylvania Lottery, its officers, employees and/or agents expressly disclaim any warranty of the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by the Pennsylvania Lottery and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information. Any person who relies upon such information obtained by this system does so at his/her own risk.
Social Media Policy and Disclaimer
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania government agencies and government officials engage with the public through many online channels, including PA.gov, state.pa.us, governor.pa.gov, agency websites, and social media. We encourage the public to engage with the Commonwealth through these channels and welcome all viewpoints. Please be aware that when engaging with the Commonwealth over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s government social media pages are located within platforms such as Facebook and Twitter that have their own terms of services, privacy policies, and other rules to which users are subject when users visit those pages.
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania monitors its government social media pages but is not responsible for content generated by users on those platforms. Comments and other content posted on those platforms may be subject to public disclosure.
- The Commonwealth’s individual social media pages also contain their own commenting policy statements and conditions which users are presumed to have read and understand in their use of the channels.
- Social media is not considered an official channel for contacting Commonwealth of Pennsylvania agencies and officials. While the Commonwealth at times responds to queries and comments on social media, staffing for that purpose is not 24/7. The Commonwealth encourages users to follow instructions on how to officially contact government offices found on their individual websites.
- Communications posted on the Commonwealth’s social media pages will not be construed as satisfying requirements for legal notice or service and shall not be construed as an official request for records pursuant to the Right-to-Know Law.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania does not claim ownership of content users submit or make available on social media pages. We only claim rights in what official Commonwealth users write, post or otherwise share.
If users want to use a logo, video, document or any other intellectual property used on PAiLottery.com, users need to obtain the Commonwealth’s legal permission and/or the legal permission of the Pennsylvania Lottery’s contractors or suppliers, which may be withheld for any reason.
Sharing of Information
The Pennsylvania Lottery and its contractors and suppliers will only share personal information collected from the use of PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms:
- If you specifically consented to sharing or disclosing the information;
- If the Pennsylvania Lottery or its contractors or suppliers are legally obligated to do so, such as responding to a subpoena, court orders, requests pursuant to the Right-to-Know Law, or if the information is requested by law enforcement or other governmental authorities for purposes of enforcing a violation of law; or
- To provide the products, services or transactions you’ve requested. The Pennsylvania Lottery is not responsible for the privacy practices of its contractors or suppliers, although all vendors are contractually bound to ensure the privacy of any personal identifiable information received.
Access to Information and Choice
Information that you enter or provide when creating an account through PAiLottery.com and/or the Lottery mobile platforms will be accessible to you to review and modify by logging into your account. You are free to discontinue the use of PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms at any time.
Through PAiLottery.com and/or the Lottery mobile platforms, you may elect to receive communications and promotions from the Pennsylvania Lottery, its contractors and suppliers. You can opt of those communications and promotions at any time by changing your selected options through PAiLottery.com and/or Lottery mobile platforms.
Please note that it may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information without some residual data remaining in back-up storage. The Pennsylvania Lottery may also retain and use your information as needed to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or to enforce agreements and policies.
You are responsible for protecting the username and password to your account. You should not divulge your username or password to anyone.
When contacting the Pennsylvania Lottery or its contractors or suppliers through any method of communication (phone call, email, text or SMS message, etc.) you must determine whether that method of communication is adequately secure for your purposes prior to providing any confidential or personally identifiable information. Any information sent to the Pennsylvania Lottery, its contractors or suppliers is sent at your own risk; the Pennsylvania Lottery cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 1200 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA 17057.